TASD Threat Assessment Team
Our Team is designed to meet the challenges and provide appropriate measures to assist students personally and provide protective measures in a safe environment.
- Identify individual(s)/situation(s) where behavior causes concern for violence and capacity to carry out a threat, (i.e., determine whether a student poses a threat for harm or violence to themselves or others, not just whether the student has made a threat);
- Gather the most relevant information about the student’s communications and behaviors, negative or stressful events the student has experienced, and resources the student possesses to overcome those setbacks and challenges;
- Collect and share this relevant information in a lawful and ethical manner, including complying with relevant federal and state privacy laws;
- Assess the individual(s)/situation(s) in context based on the totality of information available; and
- Identify strategies to prevent violence and mitigate impact of harm to the student, school, and/or community.
Please contact building principals or TASD SPO's with any necessary information.
HS - firstname.lastname@example.org
MS - email@example.com
Elem - firstname.lastname@example.org
SPO - email@example.com