Survey of ChemistryTextbook:Chemistry: Concepts and Applications, Phillips, Strozak, and Wistrom. McGrawHill-Glencoe, Copyright - 2005.There is an online version of the textbook, self-checking quizzes, practice tests, and a math handbook. This an excellent resource to use.Website: http://chemistryca.comAccess code: A629D739EBIntegrated Science I (IS-I) is and introduction to the basic concepts of chemistry. It is meant for students that are not pursuing a career in chemistry. IS-I will associate the science of chemistry with everyday life. Students will meet for an additional laboratory period on day a week.
Google Classroom Links:1st Period - gnupdu28th Period - km5v6ds9th Period - rrb524wChemistry...is one of the broadest branches of science, if for no other reason that, when we think about it, everything is chemistry.Luciano Caglioti, "The Two Faces of Chemistry"
- Chapter 1 - Chemistry: The Science of Matter
- Chapter 2 - Matter is Made Up of Atoms
- Chatper 3 - Introduction to the Periodic Table
- Chapter 4 - Formation of Compounds
- Chapter 5 - Types of Compounds
- Chapter 6 - Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Additional Topics