Distance Learning Log-In Procedures
- Sign in to Google using your Tamaqua Google email.
- For example, email@example.com and passwordtasd.
- In the upper right hand corner of the screen, click on the plus symbol to join a class.
- Enter the class code provided by your teacher. Codes are displayed on the teacher’s website. Once the code is entered, you will have access to the classroom.
- Some teachers have added you to the class already and just need you to accept or join the class. Once you accept, you have access to the classroom.
- Sign in to IXL through the website www.ixl.com.
- Login with usernametams@tamaquaareasd and password. There are NO periods in the username and NO additional characters after the password.
- Once logged in students will have access to the practice questions and diagnostic.
- Students should spend ten minutes once a week answering diagnostic questions from the diagnostic tab.
- Access through the website www.myaccess.com.
- Login with username.tams and regular password.
- Prompts will be assigned.
Language arts and reading teachers will be using the following online resources:
- CommonLit.org - articles with standards-based question sets
- ReadWorks.org - stories addressing specific reading skills
- Epic - online books and audiobooks with quizzes
- Scholastic magazines - text from all genres with skills sheets
- Newsela - articles with standards-based question sets
- Grammar Bytes - grammar activities
Some of these online resources will ask students to login. Always sign in with your school Google account. In some cases a class code may be required. All class codes will be displayed on teacher websites.